LAST UPDATED: August 2021
1. The Producer/Creator reserves the right to change the structure of the Hell's Poker Series as it sees fit including, without limitation, adding or deleting Series. Contestants to the Hell's Poker Series and/or requesting additional Series play from the Contestants and/or changing the anticipated Qualifying or Series schedule and payout or distribution of prize monies.
2. It is a condition of entry and participation in the Hell's Poker Series that Contestants make themselves available to participate in the HP Series, agree to and sign all applicable Release Forms and abide by terms and conditions of such Release Forms and the rules, regulations, terms and conditions as devised from time to time by the Producer including but not by way of limitation the Hell's Poker Series Rules. As part of Contestants' contribution to the Program, the Producer may request Contestants to participate in any online/interactive activity relating to the Program including without limitation recordings of web-casts, interviews and participation in so-called 'chat-rooms' and to participate in various interviews, appearances, promotional, publicity, sponsorship and merchandising activities.
3. It is a condition of entry and participation in the Hell's Poker Series that the Contestant has not entered into any contractual, commercial, sponsorship or other arrangements in respect of his/her musical or performing abilities or the products thereof or in respect of his/her name, likeness, image or biography which might be in breach of any of the Release Forms or the Hell's Poker Series Rules or otherwise prevent the Contestant from participating in the Program or the broadcast, promotion, exploitation or sponsorship thereof.
4. Should any Contestant be selected to participate in the Series, it is a condition of participation in the Series that, with the benefit of legal advice, the Contestant enters into the following agreements, as provided by the Producer, in its discretion: a management agreement with the Producer or the person or company it designates; a merchandising and sponsorship agreement; and an individual management agreement (the "Management Agreements"). Each Contestant selected to participate in the Series shall also agree to restrictions on their ability to appear on television and other entertainment media as well as read, approve and sign the Release Form for the Series. Should the Contestant for any reason fail to enter into these agreements (or any of them) prior to commencement of recording, preproduction, pre-production, post production, filming, live broadcasting, streaming or live broadcasting on the internet of the Series, the Producer reserves the right to disqualify the Contestant from the HP Series. The Management Agreements will only become fully effective for the Winner.
5. Contestants must not at any stage of the Hell's Poker Series discuss with or take advice from any or all of the Professional Poker Series Players, the Commissioner, host or host location and staff on any matters relating to their participation in the Program including, without limitation, their performance, appearance or play and strategy, except when authorized by the Producer itself.
6. Contestants may be required to keep any and all information regarding the Hell's Poker Series completely confidential and may be prohibited from conducting any interviews or providing any comment or information to the public and the media without the consent of the Producer, including without limitation, information regarding the outcome of the Qualifying Tournaments and any subsequent Series, the performance or play of any Contestant including their own performance and play and any and all comments of any of the listed HP team members or Producer, at the sole discretion of the Producer.
7. The Producer's and Commissioner's decision (or, where appropriate, the decision of the voting public, as recorded by the voting service provider) is final and the Contestants acknowledge that the interests of the Program shall override those of any Contestant. Where the integrity of the public voting system is compromised or the public voting system is otherwise not functioning, as determined by the Producer in its sole discretion, the Producer reserves the right to make all final decisions relating to the HP Series.
8. The Producer reserves the right to ask the Contestant to play in a specific Series of its own choice. At all times during the Hell's Poker Series the Producer reserves the right of veto over the makeup of team play, even where Contestants are permitted to select the team groups they wish to play with.
9. The Producer has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in disqualification from the HP Series. All personal details and information requested by and supplied to the Producer by each Contestant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. The Producer reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant from the Hell's Poker Series or Qualifying process in its sole discretion, should the Contestant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information or should the Contestant be ineligible for the Hell's Poker Series pursuant to the Hell's Poker Series Rules.
10. The Producer will have no liability to a Contestant who is unable to attend or take part in any part of the Hell's Poker Series for whatever reason, as determined by the Producer in its sole discretion.
11. The Producer reserves the right to amend the Hell's Poker Series Rules or terminate the Hell's Poker Series at any time without any liability to any Contestant. The Producer further reserves the right to replace at its discretion any Contestant who for any reason fails or is disqualified from or unable to participate in any aspect of the Program and/or HP Series, as determined by the Producer in its sole discretion, with another replacement Contestant, notwithstanding that such replacement Contestant may have been previously eliminated from the HP Series.
12. There is no obligation on the part of the Producer to record or broadcast any Program in which a Contestant has appeared or any part of his/her contribution to a Program.
13. The Contestant must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Hell's Poker Series and observe the Hell's Poker Series Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the studios and/or locations. The Producer reserves the right in its absolute discretion to remove from the HP Series, Series or host premises or any other location of any Contestant who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Contestant.
14. In the event that as a result of the public vote in any round, two (or more) Contestants are tied, the Producer shall be entitled to determine in its absolute discretion which Contestant is eliminated and/or which Contestant goes through to the next round (as appropriate) and for this purpose it shall be entitled to make such arrangements or request such further performances from the Contestants as it in its absolute discretion deems necessary.
15. All Contestants agree that the Producer and its agents can use, exploit and distribute, in any media whatsoever, including without limitation the Internet, now known or hereafter created, worldwide in perpetuity, the Contestant's audition(s), performances and appearances, the Contestant's comments and the Contestant's name, likeness, image or voice without any further consent or compensation of any nature or kind. Further, all individuals who attend at the Regional Qualifying tournaments, who do not become Contestants (including family, friends or any other individual accompanying a contestant) ("Other Individuals"), agree that the Producer and its agents can use, exploit and distribute in any media whatsoever, including without limitation the Internet, now known or hereafter created, worldwide in perpetuity, the individual's comments and name, likeness, image or voice without any further consent or compensation of any nature or kind. All Contestants and Other Individuals agree to waive any and all copyright interest, of any nature or kind, they may have in their comments, audition(s), performances and appearances, including without limitation any moral rights in the foregoing.
16. Contestants acknowledge that the Producer(s), Creator; the distribution company; qualifying host location; the final host location; the Commission; the Series Host; the Series Announcers; the Series Table Team Members; the Series Celebrity Guest Players; the Pro Series Professional Poker Series Players; the advertising agencies and any person or entity connected with the production, administration or judging of the qualifying tournaments, the Hell's Poker Series or the Program, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or representatives, are not responsible for and are in no way liable for any injuries, loss or damages caused by: (i) the administration (including scheduling) of the Hell's Poker Series including any failure of transportation or inability for any reason to appear before the judging panels; (ii) the Contestants or any third party's participation in the auditioning process, or being selected or disqualified; (iii) as a result of the decisions of the Commissioner, Producers or public voting; or (iv) any printing, typographical or technological errors in any materials associated with the HP Series.
1In the event of any dispute concerning the operation of any element of the Hell's Poker Series or these Hell's Poker Series Rules, the decision of the Producer will be final.
18. These Hell's Poker Series Rules are additional to and do not supersede any and all Release Forms signed by the Contestant and in the event of any conflict between any Release Form and these Hell's Poker Series Rules, the Release Form will prevail.
Hell’s Poker, LLC has implemented and adopted the Joint Report of the DGA, SAG-AFTRA, IATSE and Teamsters’ Committees for COVID-19 Safety Guidelines. Further, adoption and guidance from each state and location regulations. This is an ongoing implementation as the changes in the virus and the rules and recommendations change.